Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Gift knitting

Up until November, I was still hoping to make at least a few hand knitted gifts - for hubby, a few really good friends, make Christmas cards for every one, make a Christmas stocking for baby, make some new decorations for the tree. Realisation slowly dawned that I'm not actually going to achieve most (possibly even any!) of these goals. As of today, I have not even started on the list. So I'm going to have to prioritise. Christmas stocking - a must as both Aidan and Keira have one. Everything else - I'll do the best I can!

Over the last few weeks, I have managed to start and finish a few more small projects. After a quick trip to Stash Yarns in Putney, I was tempted by the Misti Alpaca Chunky, all encouraged by Michelle. So I purchased 1 skein and made the Quickie Cowl. A few hours of knitting later, here is the finished product. Hurray!
As the weather is now freezing, I have made a new slouchy hat for me. The pattern is Coast from Rowan the Next Big Thing and the yarn is Rowan Big Wool. Another super quick and easy pattern. I am all about the instant gratification!Have you noticed my little model needs some serious orthodontic work once she gets older?!!! I'm trying to get her to stop sucking her thumb. No success..... yet......

I also have to perfrom major surgery on my Clapotis. I somehow snagged it and broke a strand of knitting. What am I going to do!!

3 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Cute accessories and model!

Did you use wool for your clappy? If so, can you spit splice it???

mary said...

She's so adorable in that hat! I love it; I just started craving a big slouchy hat, not that I have any reason to wear one in So Cal. I snagged my clapotis this weekend, but thankfully no hole. I was so upset by it, that I was using the fork (clean by the way) in the restaurant to ease the yarn back into the stitches. Good luck fixing yours!

kathy b said...

What a great hat pattern. Thanks for the information. I LOVE IT. Your kids are so darling. THe Star boy post was sooooo cute. Haha, that he wouldn't wear the hat. My boy was like that!

Your daughter, such a model. Her teeth are sooo cute. Both our kids needed braces......they do have beautiful teeth now. Niether one sucked a finger or a pacifier and it was just lousy genetics , so let her go.