Sunday, February 24, 2008

Update

I am currently using 2 different cameras. One, which I've been using for a few years now - a Sony Cybershot and my new one, a Canon D60. I've been taking most of my current pictures with my new toy. It's great for close ups of my knitting and it writes so quickly that I can take loads of the kids (without them realising!) I suddenly remembered that I have taken pictures with my Sony and I need to download them. So here are a few pics.

First up, this is pic of special dish that we had for Chinese New Year. It's called Yi sang and is made up of raw fish (salmon), grated carrots and daikon, and loads of pickled veggies and a yummy sauce. Everyone gets involved in mixing it all up and eating. Yum!

I also finally finished one of my long term WIPs. This is Flicca, design by Anna Bell. I started this project almost a year ago in March 2007. I finally finished it last week. I don't know why this took so long to finish because it was quite an easy knit, I like the design and it would have come in so useful during the cold winter months!

Pattern notes:
Pattern : Flicca by Anna Bell
Yarn : Rowan Polar in Chocolate Truffle, 8 balls
Needle size : 8mm
Modifications : I used 8mm needles instead of 7mm as recommended in the pattern. I made the smallest size instead of the next size up. I cast on a lot less stitches for the sleeves. Apart from that, I don't really remember! Oops!



2 comments:

kathy b said...

Oh Ling

I LOVE love love the sweater. Great camera shots too. What a beautiful brown you chose. I really like the pattern.

Anonymous said...

That dish looks really nice, I love Chinese food!

Lovely cardigan too, the colour looks really nice.