Monday, October 12, 2009

Alexandra Palace

I had a lovely few days doing a few things for me. On Thursday, I went to Origin and had quite an inspiring time looking at other people's work. There were lots of textile artists and jewellery designers with amazing work. Speaking of which, I really must dust off the loom and practice some weaving.

On Friday and Sunday, I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show in Alexandra Palace. There was just so much to see and buy (although I didn't do too much damage to the credit card!). I was very well restraint and didn't buy and yarn, I'll tell you why in a second. I did buy lots of fabric for more quilts. I love making quilts. One of the kits I bought was the Hungry Caterpillar quilt kit - I've been looking at it on the internet. When I saw the shop sample hanging up, I knew I had to have one. The kids are fighting over who should have the quilt, as it's one of their favourite children's book.


I also bought a few beads and findings for more bead crochet.
Now the reason I didn't buy any yarn because there was a yarn mountain in my home. I mentioned to my mother-in-law, on her way to Hong Kong, to keep an eye out for a good bargain. Guess what turned up at home - 12 bags of yarn with 6 balls in each bag and weighing 500g in each bag. That's enough for sweaters for everyone twice or three times over. OMG!!
And this is Zoe at Ally Pally - having a great time charming the stall holders and visitors alike. She was so well behaved and patient eventhough she was being dragged around looking at more yarn, books, fabric or beads by mummy for about 3 hours!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the hungry caterpillar, I didn't see that there. Looks like you had lots of fun.

kathy b said...

Zoe should get the quilt for her great beaviour. !!! She is adorable times nine!

Knit Sew City Girl said...

How sweet of your daughter to go with you to Ally Pally. She is so cute. I asked my daughter whether she wanted to go, but warned her that it will involve walking for 5 hours. Off course she said no. Hee Hee Hee.

Your Mum is so good. Look at all those yarn. Lucky you.

Happy knitting