Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter holiday

I've forgotten how reliant I am on the internet. We took a family holiday to Malaysia to visit family and to get a much needed fix of warmth and sunshine. While we were there we had no internet connection, for pretty much 2 whole weeks. I felt like I had lost all connection to the outside world. We had a great holiday, but I'm glad to be back home.

The one good thing about not having any internet connection was that I didn't waste time on Facebook, Ravelry, internet shopping, etc etc. I actually started and finished a few projects. Amazing - I know!! The first project is Haruni shawl, which I started on Day 2 of the holiday and finished on Day 14 of the holiday. The yarn is Sunshine yarns, Classic sock in Mother's Day colourway. It was an easy and yet interesting pattern. I love the leaves in the edging. However, beacuse the yardage was less than the recommended amount, I had 1 less repeat, so the shawl is slightly smaller than I would have liked. Having said that, I love it all the same.



t

1 comment:

kathy b said...

That is an amazing 12 day knit! The leaf edges are really eye catching!