Saturday, April 16, 2011

Little shells

One of the things I enjoy about going on holiday is the escape from mundane daily duties. And in place, having the time to knit and to enjoy my knitting. I managed to finish a project and start a few new things while on holiday.

This is Little Shells. The pattern calls for it to be knitted in DK weight yarn but I decided to knit it in fingering weight yarn. The yarn is Sunshine Yarns Classic sock in Swedish Short Snout Dragon. Due to the finer gauge, I had to make a few adjustments to the calculations. I made the stockinette section much bigger but kept the lace section the same. It was a very quick and easy knit, the hardest thing was remembering to make the correct number of yo's.

The minute I started knitting it, Keira asked if she could have it. So I said yes. She couldn't wait to wear it once I had finished it. Here it is on its first outing - unblocked and with ends still not sewn in!

2 comments:

mary said...

She's adorable and the shawl is perfect for her! Thanks again for Wednesday afternoon. I had a great time yarning and shopping with you! I promise I'll be back soon and we can spend more time with the yarn.

kathy b said...

She looks adorable
she has great taste......
and I have been known to wear something, (socks) without waiting to weave in the ends also. Means she loves it!