Sunday, December 03, 2006

Purple hoodie finished!

Apologies for the silence for the last week. Not only have I had a sick child, but I've also had a sick hubby to look after. When I say sick hubby, I mean "suffering from man pneumonia" (his words not mine!) ie I can't get out of bed, I need lots of fetching and carrying, I've got a fever (actually it's only 37.4). He's worse than a child. Thankfully he's much better now. Except I've got the cold (note the different words!)

I've finished the purple hoodie. Here it is being modellde by the Princess. It took much persuasion and bribery before she agreed to wear it. I'm going to stop knitting for her, unless appreciation levels shoot up drastically.


Another thing I've managed to finish is the Pinwheel Baby Blanket, knitted in Jaeger baby merino in Petal (baby pink, peach and purple) a ltho it's not obvious in the photo. It's finally finished . It starts off very excitingly - knit 1, yarnover etc. Towards the end, it's painstakingly dull - especially at the 50 odd stitches before a yarnover appears. 500 stitches before finishing a row. Arrghh. I'm glad it's finished.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though she doesn't look too excited about the hoodie, your daughter is really, really beautiful!

mary said...

Ooh, love the purple and pink FOs. If you hold off from making anything for Princess for a while, she'll start asking for them, especially if Little Brother is getting some knitted love. Hope you're all feeling better soon!

Mimi said...

Keira looks so cute with the cozy hoodie!
Hope you all are recovering from the cold. I know what you mean about the sick guys.

kateandmonsters said...

Purple hoodie looks great and am ditto on the appreciation and knitting for little girls. Am back (arrived yesterday!) and we're all still in one piece and I can't believe how much wool I managed to get home! The baby blanket looks amazing, the colors I'm sure are lovely.

Rain said...

I hope you all start to feel better soon. I think you should develop a case of man flu so you get looked after for a few days.

I really like the hoodie so I hope she starts to like it too.

Anonymous said...

Your little girl is soooo cute! She looks like an angel in that hoodie.

Congratulations on finishing that pinwheel blanket. It really came out beautiful.