I hope everyone had a restful break. My Christmas and New Year consisted of a lot of cooking, eating and sleeping. (I am a sleep monster at the moment. I wonder if this is because I'm a bit older and pregnant. I slept for 16 hours one day! I almost never do that!) As a result of the excessive sleeping, I am not doing much else in life. Minimal housework. No blog updates. No photos.
But I have managed some knitting. I have finally finished all the leaf repeats on my Kiri shawl and I'm about to start the edging. I also met Polly in person, for the first time, at the Liberty sales. I very nearly dragged out Kiri from my bag to show her, but decided against it. I wasn't sure if it was a bit stalkerish. I'm also still knitting hats, but more about that later.
With the New Year, I have also been thinking about resolutions for 2007 and here's what I've got.
Knitting resolutions for 2007:
1. Knit only from the STASH for at least 6 or possibly even 9 months (I might even join the Knit from your stash along) or alternatively knit 100 or possibly even 150 balls of yarn from STASH before purchasing any more yarn. This might be difficult - I hear Rowan are bringing out some lovely new yarns in the new year. Also Kate and I are planning a shopping trip to New York in March/April before I get too big to travel. ( I think I know I'm going to fall off this wagon already!!)
2. Knit a pair of socks a month
3. Do something about those UFO's - either rip out and reknit, or FINISH the darn things!
1. Get to the GYM. I feel like a sloth at the moment, but soon I'll be a GIANT sloth.
2. Rediscover my cooking mojo. I find I cook the same things all the time. It's very boring.
3. Improve my Mandarin ( and French, if I have time)
4. Spend QUALITY time with the kids and hubby and me.
5. Do more for the environment. Waste less. Reuse. Recycle. Refashion.
That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure more will come.