Thursday, November 08, 2007

Radio silence

Blink and suddenly it's weeks since my last post! I don't really know why either. I have been knitting. I've been on the internet - catching up on blogs and shopping (shh! don't tell hubby!). I haven't been spending hours on Ravelry. But time just flies.

I can hardly believe that it's the second week of November. Suffice to say I wasn't even close to achieving my October goals. I did not touch a single WIP. Now with Christmas coming up, I'm sure I won't have the time finish them. Ugh!

Now back to the knitting that I've been doing. I've almost finished Iceland from Rowan 42. I've just got the ribbing on the back to do. I haven't finished that because I got sidetracked into knitting a jumper for hubby's birthday. I got a stack of Rowan Big Wool during the sales and decided to make Bisto from Rowan's Big just got Bigger. I gave myself 3 weeks to finish this project. Chunky yarn, big ass needles - that's pretty achievable. Right? I could not be more wrong. Hubby's birthday was yesterday and I presented him with a partly finished jumper - it has a front, back and collar and the start of 1 sleeve. I blame lack of sleep, sick children, lack of motivation..................Anyway, now that it's no longer a surprise, here's a progress shot.

2 comments:

mary said...

That's the funny thing about chunky yarn and big ass needles. Sounds great in theory and in amount of time per project, but then when your hands cramp from the big needles, we vow never to do it again. Until we need another quick fix. It was everything to get me to finish Juliet on the bulky yarn.

kathy b said...

LIng

Please, you have a new infant and children. FO's are all incredible achievements. I didn't knit at all when mine were little. Probably should have. I may have been more sane!

Love how the black and white is coming out. I just was in a swap and sent black and white, not really knowing how it would look. I LOVE IT>