Wednesday, January 23, 2008

B is for Blue

Unbelievably, I have some FO's to share. Having been struck down by the lurgy seems to have rejuvenated my knitting mojo. I've finished the knitting portion of my Juliet. I just need to hunt down some buttons and block it and it would be done.

Pattern : Juliet from Zephrstyle
Yarn : Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky in blue
Needle size :6.5mm
Size made : extra small
Thoughts: Easy pattern and with the large sized needles, it just flew along. With the top down knit, it was easy to adjust the fit. I think I'll get a lot wear out of this FO.

Next up, is the Koolhaas hat for hubby. I made an error on repeat no 5 and had to rip that out and reknit. That delayed the finishing somewhat. But it's now done and he loves it!!!

Pattern : Koolhaas hat by Jared Flood from Interweave Holiday 2007
Yarn : Malabrigo Worsted in Stone Blue
Needle size : 4mm and 5mm
Thoughts : Gorgeous pattern. Lovely yarn. The only difficulty is one of the cables where the yarn at the back and you have to knit through the backloop. Ugh! I didn't have my cable needle when I was carting it around, so that round just took forever to knit. Love it!!

Hopefully, over the next few days, I aim to finish a few more WIPs. 2 are also in blue and the other one is chocolate brown. Keep watching this space!!

2 comments:

RooKnits said...

ooh they look fab

mary said...

Lovely blues. We'll get a modeled picture of Juliet right? I'm glad you finally got the time to make it.