Monday, June 08, 2009

Crochet Crazy

I'm being unfaithful to my knitting. It's been all about crochet recently. I've been a blah about my knitting, so I thought I would pick up something else and have fun with it. Boy, was it a welcome distraction. And look what I managed to achieve in about a week or 10 days.

I was teaching a friend to make granny squares for a blanket and I was inspired to make a few squares as well. While making the squares, Keira requested that I make her a bag. As it was her birthday, how could I refuse. 2 days later - voila! Bag - completed. Child - happy. Result!!
I've always loved the hexagon blankets on Ravelry. So I thought, why not start one of my own. I had bought on ebay 750g of DK cotton in 5 colours (pink, light burgundy, pale yellow, gold and cream) and I'll be using that for my blanket. I need 99 hexagons for my blanket and I've done about 25 so far. Watch this space.
Finally, I've finished my beaded crochet bracelet. I may have mentioned it before, it was Keira's birthday. I had another request by the Princess herself, that she needed the bracelet. So I made it for her. (DH is always telling me off that I spoil the children - I know!!) And because I enjoyed making it so much, I decided to start another one for me. I'll show that another day.

4 comments:

Knit Sew City Girl said...

The crochet bag looks lovely, it is so good that you could make so many things with yarn.

My husband and I always get told of for spoiling my daughter by my parents. I guess your kids and mine are SO cute that we have to spoil them. Hee hee hee.

London is great for children, we go to the Natral History Museum to visit the dinosaurs now and again (my daughter thinks they are real).

If you have time and we're going to a day out in London, we could meet up with our kids?

Carol said...

I recently picked up a crochet hook too and am having lots of fun with my hairpin lace and little swatches of crochet thingies... It's fun!

kathy b said...

Oh how fun. Great to see the new crochet mojo. I love the quickness of crochet, but it is very hard on my wrists. Enjoy it for me!

mona said...

My hexagons blankets is languishing in the box. Good luck with yours. It looks lovely!