Monday, March 01, 2010

Adventures in Spinning

I have been a very busy trying out my new-found hobby. Spinning on a wheel - so much faster and easier than on a drop spindle. No - I haven't splurged and bought a new wheel, I borrowed a wheel from a friends who was travelling and will be moving house. I've had it for 3 and half weeks and I've been spinning practically every day. The first few days were soooo frustrating - I just couldn't do it. I perservered and voila! - It clicked and I've had a bit of success. So far I've managed to spin about 400g of fibre.

Here's one little example. The fibre is from LimeGreenJelly, which I bought ages ago.


And this is the end product! What shall I make with it??

2 comments:

kathy b said...

IT is beautiful. 400 yards? How about a shawlette?

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Lovely colour! I agree with Kathy, a Shawletter would be great for sping.