Thursday, March 04, 2010

More handspun

Like a proud mummy, I'm showing off my handspun. This is what I've managed to spin over the last 3-4 weeks.
This is my latest handspun. 140g of BFL fibre dyed in pinks and purples. There's approximately 220 metres of yarn. This was my first lot of handspun on the wheel. I had approximately 80g of white undyed BFL and approximately 80g of orange, yellow mystery fibre ( I think it's also BFL but I can't be sure as it had no labels!)
This I showed off in the last post.


And finally, this is merino silk fibre which I had dyed in indigo at a natural dyeing workshop. I think theres 100g of fibre.

3 comments:

kathy b said...

Oh Ling. You should be so proud. Handspun is amazing. SOME DAY when I knt better, I may spin I love the blue skein.

Knit Sew City Girl said...

I love the handspun yarn. Looking forward to seeing you at the Stitch and Craft show in two weeks time.

Mary

alltangledup said...

gorgeous! You should be proud, Everyone seems to be spinning such beautiful yarn these days. I dare not start or the fibre stash might overcome the yarn stash