Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Wiggles in concert



The excitement was mounting in our little household. I told the lil man that we were going to see the Wiggles in July a few weeks ago and he has been asking about it since. And finally the day arrived, bright and sunny. We made it early to Hammersmith Appollo to check in the double buggy and just to just soak in the atmosphere. (BTW, i have never been to the Appollo for any gigs before this. How sad!) I have to say a brilliant time was to be had by all at the concert, by both the kiddies and the mummies. Surprisingly (or not as I have been watching the Wiggles on a daily basis for the last year), we knew most of the words to all the songs.


On the knitting front, I had decided to start a Summer of lace knitting, without joining the knit-along. I have never done any lacework before, so I decided to start small. I really wanted to start Kiri (from Polly on alltangledup) but it seemed a bit complicated. So onward to Knitty and Branching Out. After a few hours over the last two nights, here's the progress. This is knitted on 5mm needles nad using Jaeger Mohair Art in Blue Haze. I'm enjoying the lace pattern. It's also my first time using mohair. It seems easy to knit up and it feels very soft.

No comments: