Wednesday, April 18, 2007

How not to choose projects

Oh what a week. I've been working on a bunch of projects including trying to finish some WIPs. I have finally finished the baby blanket for my friend's goddaughter. I've knitted a few more squares for the mitred square blanket. I've started my April socks for Sock a month along. I've also started and finished a stripey tank for my godson whose birthday is coming up. What I've noticed is that most of these projects have literally hundreds of ends to sew in/tidy up. I hate sewing, really, really hate it. Arrrgghhh!! I guess I'll just have a few glasses of wine to dull the pain ...... oh damn, I can't drink at the moment. I'll just suffer in silence.

Here's close up of the stripey tank. My godson will be turning one and is rather big for his age. My own son is 4 and rather small for his age. I think it'll fit. There's room for some growth!

Pattern notes:
Pattern: Stripey tank from Zoe Mellor's Adorable Knits for tiny tots
Yarn: GGH Samoa in petrol blue, khaki, off white, turquoise, dark khaki and ice blue
Modifications: Added length to the tank due to slight issues with gauge and I knitted it in the round till the armhole shapings.
This was definitely a pretty quick and easy knit - knitting time 3 evenings. Sewing in the ends will probably take another 3 evenings!

I also wanted to show my new yarn cupboard. As you know, I've got the builders in at the moment. One of the things I'm having done is removing a bidet (who has these things anymore!) in the children's bathroom and putting in a cupboard. It's going to be a big cupboard - 2.5 feet in depth and 6 feet in height. Hubby thinks the cupboard is extra storage for his junk too, but there won't be space. It'll have kids toys/junk/extra clothing and my yarn! Here are the kids demonstrating how big this space is!

3 comments:

mary said...

Your little sweeties are so adorable! I *hate* weaving in ends with a passion, but maybe not as much as I hate seaming.

kathy b said...

Your kids are THE cutest. They usurp your knitting beauties! Love the mitered squares. You know, one drink won't hurt the baby.

Rachele said...

Hi, there! You wanna join my Mitered Square Knit-A-Long? Come check it out over here:

http://copycara.blogspot.com

We'd love to see your progress over here and you can knit as fast or as slow as you want!