Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Right here waiting

3 days past due date and still waiting. After having one child arrive 6 weeks early and the other one 5 days before her due date, I am firmly in unfamiliar territory. All this waiting is driving me up the wall. Obviously made worse by the "circus" of having parents and in-laws around 24/7. I know they only really mean well, but I don't need wrapping in cotton wool!!!!! I also don't need to be asked 200 times a day - "What still no contractions!" This is really enough to drive me up the wall. I also think my frustrations are caused by rampant hormones. Message to baby - "Please come soon. Once you arrive, grandparents will be able to devote lots of attention to you. That will save your mummy's sanity!"

On the plus side, I have booked in the induction for 8 August 2007. Hurray!

Apart from the rant, I was also going to post some photos of gifts for baby and me and the current state of my WIPs. But I can't locate my camera cables (no doubt after being tidied up by my mum!) So I'm afraid I'll have to talk about that later.

8 comments:

alltangledup said...

patience and if the baby is induced on August 8,think how lucky it'll be ;-)! you'll have to hold out until then!

RooKnits said...

Hang in there... take yourself off for some me time and let the grandparents look after your two adorable little ones! Good Luck wiht everything :0)

Kim in Oregon said...

Can you knit with the wool cotton? :-)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that baby decides to make presence known very soon. Relax! Or don't! Whichever you want to do!

Anonymous said...

Three of my four children were overdue, after the first we refused to tell our relatives the exacts due date... it helped. But soon, very soon you will have your baby, and it can't take more than 7 days now! I wish you good luck, and I must admit, I envy you a little bit. There is nothing like a newborn baby.

ra said...

have you tried laying stair carpet? It worked for my mum, though I have no idea how she managed to get down there (or back up again!)

Anonymous said...

The being overdue part is so hard - each day closer, each day slightly further way, slightly more frustrated, bigger, more uncomfortable. I think it helps enormously to have an end date set - there is something finite for you to work towards!

In the mentime: go have coffee by yourself, take husband to dinner just you two, sleep - I'm sure having relatives around with my second stalled labour because I was so anxious about them being ok, and when I hid in our room and slept or just listened to music I felt so much better.

Soon though!

mary said...

I hope wee one decides to join you before Aug 8th, but if not, what a great day to be born!

Rain said...

Hope the little 'un puts in an appearance soon. Is now a bad time to tell you I was 4 weeks late?

Best wishes for the birth.