Saturday, April 26, 2008

More FO and prgress

Finally finished the Wave Jacket for Aidan. I think I started this in July last year. Here 's Keira modelling it because I forgot to load the flash card into the camera when I had the original photoshoot with Aidan. Doh!




Pattern : Wave Jacket from Miss Bea's Seaside
Yarn : Rowan Denim in Memphis and Tennesse
Needle size : 4mm
Notes and modifications:
The largest size was for a 4 year old so I made a few calculations and added a few stitches and rows. The problem is that my finsihed garment didn't shrink as much as the 20% as stated or as much as my swatch. So the jacket is a bit BIG! It still needs a zip but I'm calling this done.


I also picked up another WIP which I started (some time in winter?) . This is Viv from RYC Am to Pm. I'm knitting this in Rowan DK Soft rather than the RYC Baby Alpaca, although it looks just like the book.

2 comments:

mary said...

She is so adorable in big bro's sweater! That's a great sweater too. Gotta look for that pattern now... although if it just goes up to size 4, never mind. It would be great to do a tweener version for my Sweetie Boy.

kathy b said...

Okay Keira is too beautiful. How do you ever say no to her?

I LOVE the jacket. Oh. It is perfect. You are such a great knitter LING!