Saturday, August 02, 2008

Quick stop in Hong Kong

In our tour of the Far East, we also managed a quick stopover in Hong Kong to visit my BIL and SIL who are expecting their first baby.

What's even better, I got to visit some HK lys, well only 2 but it was great fun! I didn't buy any yarn, mainly because I didn't need any more and it was quite expensive. Anyway, here is Keira having fun in Yarn Mart in Causeway Bay. Sorry, I have no pictures of my adventure in Cheer Wool in Wan Chai.

But I did succumb to a few Japanese magazines. Yummm......
And I also managed to finish Keira's Ruby dress. It fits perfectly - mainly because I had to frog it and re-knit almost 70% of it. There was also "Will there be enough yarn?" drama. Because of that, I had to redesign the arm hole shaping and the straps. And because of all that, I made a little mistake with the neck shaping. I had to add button holes on one strap, otherwise it wouldn't go over her head. But it finished! And it looks pretty good.
Pattern notes:
Pattern - Ruby dress from Patons booklet, Sugar and Spice
Yarn - GGH Samoa in a dark pinky red, instead of Patons Fairytale DK
Needles - 4mm and 4.5 mm
Modifications - Knitted in the round. Changed the straps and neckline.


2 comments:

mary said...

Keira looks adorable in her ruby dress. Nice job, Mom!

kathy b said...

Keira is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! Your children have a beauty that is unique. Love love love the dress. You are a great knitter ling. I can't image a redesign due to yarnshortage. WOW. Kudos my friend!