Monday, August 11, 2008

Spinning course

I had the best time yesterday. I signed up for the Drop Spindle masterclass at Socktopus. The first instalment was yesterday and 3 hours later, here is my first hank of handspun. It's undyed BFL and I must have spun about 15g of yarn. You can't see too much from that pic, but it looks a bit like Rowan Chunky print - thick and thin. Yay!!! I see a new obsession developing......

Here's more roving to be turned into lovely handspun.


Photo courtesy of Alice of me getting a hang of using the drop spindle.


ETA : Kim, we'll be trying out spinning wheels for our next course in 3 weeks time. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Uhoh! Another spinster in our midst!

Wait til you try a wheel...then you'll definitely be hooked. I never quite mastered the spindle myself.

kathy b said...

Was it easy? I still have to master my sweater knitting before I spin. but SOMEDAY!