Monday, September 29, 2008

SoSeSaSoSw

I joined the Socktopus Secret Santa Sock Swap, not actually swapping socks but a sock kit. My record for socks this year has been abysmal. I think I've only completed 1 pair so far. UGH! So, here's my questionnaire.

1. What are your favourite colours and fibres?

Colours - Black, grey, neutrals, purple, brown, pink and blue.

Fibres - I like most yarns and have been known to knit some novelty yarn, (although not much since I discovered the "nice" stuff!)

2. Anything that makes your toes curl? (Fibre, colour, other)

I'm not hugely keen on orange, yellow and certain shades of green - they tend to clash with my skin tone.

3. Would you describe yourself as a beginner, intermediate or advanced knitter?

Intermediate knitter who is up for a challenge. I'd like to try new techniques.

4. Do you have an online wishlist? (Amazon or other)

Not as yet.

5. Any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Fair isle, steeking, continental method.

I'm learning spinning and dyeing at the moment, and I'm really enjoying the new activities.

6. What is your favourite:

Snack? - savoury snacks - olives, crisps and especially Malaysian/Oriental/Japanese snacks. I love wine, is that a snack?

Book? - I like a whole range of books - mystery, crime, chick lit, high brow, Harry potter,classics.... My recent favourites are The Time Traveller's Wife, The Memory Keeper's Daughter..... can't seem to remember any more.


Movie? - Gawd, I have so many that it's hard to choose. Pretty much most things except silly guy movies like Borat, American Pie, Adam Sandler movies (except the Wedding Singer!)


Music? - Again, I like a whole range of things, it just depends on my mood.

7. What are your favourite items to knit?

I like making things for the kids, as it's nice and small. And stuff for me as there is such a huge range of designs available now.

8. Any patterns that are top of your queue?

My queue is sooo long that I'm never realistically going to knit all of it! The next thing I want to knit for me is a hoodie of some sort - Cardigan for Arwen, Central Park Hoodie, Riding to Avalon, Apres Surf Hoodie.......... But I'm probably going to start something else completely.

9. Do you have any other hobbies?

Spinning, dyeing, crochet, cooking and baking, reading, tennis and swimming, cardmaking, jewellery and beading,....................

10. Tell us about yourself. When did you first pick up your needles? Who/what encouraged you to start knitting? How would you describe your knitting style? Are you a process knitter or a product knitter, etc.

I learnt to knit from my grandmother when I was 8 or 10. The first I made was a purple acrylic garter stitch scarf, which i can't now find. I also knitted and crocheted a huge wadrobe for my Barbie doll, which I only recently found again! But I started seriously knitting again, when I fell pregnant with my eldest boy, who will be 6 in November. I wanted to make so many baby things for the kids and I've only been somewhat successful. I do intend to make more things for them.

I love knitting. I love making things.

2 comments:

kathy b said...

I love seeing all the wonderful things you knit Ling! I too like to swim! How often do yu swim?

kathy b said...

Ling

Show us those BARBIE knits!!!!!!!!!!