Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ally Pally

The exciting thing that happened last week was The Knitting and Stitching Show at AlexanderPalace. I went as a consumer on Friday. And I went again as a volunteer at the Learn to knit stand on Saturday. I had so much fun on both days. Both days were tiring for very different reasons. I also met lots of people I knew from Ravelry. It was fun.

Here's the Hyperbolic reef that was on display. (I had meant to crochet some bits for it, but had failed miserably!)

It was also one of the first few times that I've left the kids for so many hours with my nanny. This greeted me when I got home, after a long day. The kids wrote - "I love you Mum" at the front gate. It was so sweet.

I'll post about the rest of my purchases another time, but here's some fabric I picked up. I'd better dust the sewing machine.


2 comments:

RooKnits said...

That fabric is amazing... and Zoe is just adorable. I'm gutted I missed out on such great fabric (although I've hardly used any that I bought last year so shouldn't complain really). Do any of the shops sell online?

kathy b said...

Good you got away! Did you teach people to knit at your booth? Such patience you must have. Baby is adorable. Fabrics are cute cute cute.