Thursday, October 23, 2008

FOs and WIPs

I have one question- where has this year year gone???? Blink and suddenly we're almost at the end of October. I haven't started many summer knits and now it's time to start the Winter ones (I'm bypassing autumn knits, as the weather is super cold in London!) And with the end of October looming, I have to find time for gift knitting. Hubby and Aidan both have birthdays in November. Christmas is coming. Oh the stress!!


Being the slow knitter that I am, I have almost fnished one gift for the hubby. I started it way back in May or June as an anniversary present (due in July). I finally finished knitting the main bag last week. I've tried felting it a few times but the Noro Kureyon is refusing to co-operate, while the grey Cascade 220 felted beautifully. My next washing machine will be a top loader.Watch this space to see how this will end up.
I also made hubby a manly cowl. I knitted this in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Bulky in Camouflage. I think he'll like this and at least find it useful (he rides a motorbike to work.)

Lastly, I also started the Baby pinwheel Jacket for Zoe. I'm up to the division for the sleeves. I'm making good progress so hopefully, this will be finished soon. (Famous last words, I've actually got a million other things on the needles and which need finishing up soon!)

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Ling,

Im feeling the panic as well. This time of year I want to give everyone handknits, but it just isn't possible.
Cascade 220, always felts so beautifully, consistent and wonderfrul Darn that Noro.
Camo neck warmer is perfect!
Baby blanket is darling. Those take time! Baby won't know if you let it go......