Thursday, June 03, 2010

Flurry of FO's

The blogging may be intermittent but I have been knitting. And here's the proof. I finally finished my Blithe top from Kim Hargreaves book Nectar. It would have been finished a lot earlier except that I ran out of yarn. After a quick trawl through Ravelry, I found a few people with 1 skein in the stash. Before I knew it, a very kind soul offered me her skein for free. A few days later, 2 sleeves and neck edging were completed and I can finally wear my top for the summer weather we're having! You gotta love the kindness of knitters. They are the BEST!

I also managed to start and finish a little top for Keira. She had a birthday coming up and wanted a handknit something as part of her present pile. 2 weeks of effort later, I finished this cute little top for her. The pattern is Heidi from Yarn Forward magazine. Keira loved it so much, she wore it for 2 whole days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful to find a skein from such a lovely lady. You have been busy knitting, mine is languishing in a basket as I quilt!

Leah said...

Your Blithe is gorgeous, and your daughter looks so cute in her birthday top!

kathy b said...

I wish I had as much to show when my posting slows! Fantastic Blithe knit. YOu have a knack for fitting your knits really perfectly. THe gift for your daughter is in the best pink. No wonder she wouldn't take it off. That looks like a lot of straight knitting which I love. Did you knit it in the round Ling?

Ling said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. I've refound my knitting mojo and I'm really enjoying it.
Kathy - I'm learning what suits me, so I don't spend weeks knitting something that doesn't look good. Having said that, some mistakes still happen! And yes, the pink top is knitted in the round - that's why it was so quick!

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Hi Ling,

Wow, what a kind fellow Raveler to offer her skein of yarn for free. Your Blithe is lovely, the colour really suits you. Your daughter's cardigan is cute.

Will you be going to the Knit Nation Expo this July? Wanna meet up again?

Mary