Monday, January 03, 2011

Resolutions


It's that time of year when everyone's thinking - new year, new start, what will I achieve/do this year. Me - I'm pretty bad about setting resolutions, mainly because it means I'm guaranteed not to meet them. Surprisingly, I'm feeling pretty positive and enthusiastic this time round - so I'm going to challenge myself for 2011 (I think it's also because I'm going to hit the big 4-oh!)

In no particular order:
  • I'm going to run a 10k race in under 1 hour (I've signed up for a few races already!)
  • I want to lose the last 5 pounds that I've been intending to lose for the last 3 years
  • I'm going to knit 12 pairs of socks
  • I'm going to knit 3 (different) shawls
  • I'm going to blog more
  • I'm going to sew more - quilts (I've just been reviewing what I have - I have enough fabric for quite a few quilts) and clothes for me and the family (again - I have too much!)
  • I'm going to make sure I have a fab year celebrating my 40th
I was going to say I won't buy any more yarn and fabric until I make a dent in my stash, but really, who am I kidding! ;)

4 comments:

two hippos said...

Happy New Year! Best of luck with your new years resolutions, look forward to seeing your socks. Ruth

missmalice said...

Go Ling!!

Kathy said...

Here's to more blogging ! Wahoo! I love the image on today's post Ling. Lovely. Is it yours?

Ling said...

Kathy - Yes the photo is one of mine. I took it when we had so much snow. It just reminds me of Christmas.