Friday, November 04, 2005

Aaahh.... Chicago

I just had a wonderful long weekend in Chicago with hubby and without children (how I missed them in 4 days, pathetic I know!). It was lovely just to be able to go out have dinner with friends, go to a club (without worrying about babysitters etc), go shopping without the hassle of a double buggy, have cuddles (and more!) in bed without interruptions! We stayed in the W hotel on Lake Shore Drive. Fantastic views of Lake Michigan and a short hop away from the Magnificent Mile (lots of shopping!) I have taken loads of photos but the battery died and I can't find the charger. So it's going to be a photoless post. Sorry!. For anyone who's not been, Chicago is a fantastic city. Great architecture, friendly people, yummy food, good shopping (apart from if you wnated children's toys in the Downtown area).

I basically just shopped and wandered around in Chicago. I also managed to find my way to a few yarn stores in Chicago. A few which I wanted to get to were shut on Monday & Tuesday so I didn't get a chance to visit, so I'll have to try next time I visit Chicago. I'm going to have to write another post about the yarn stores as I need to show my purchases and I can't do that without a camera.

I have also been knitting a storm. I have a severe case of startitis and have started 3 new projects. Madness. One's a chunky knit and it's going so quickly. If I don't get a progress shot soon, I'll just have a completed FO shot! More about that soon!

No comments: