Saturday, November 26, 2005

Blackberry completed

I've been waiting for days for the weather to clear up (it's been dark, misty and gloomy in London) and for hubby to return from a business trip to photograph Blackberry. There's one done by Aidan, my lil one, but it's slightly out of focus and has more of the ceiling in the picture than me. I have enjoyed knitting this cardigan and it's been getting a lot wear in the cold weather at the moment. The pattern is from Knitty Fall o5 and designed by Jen. I made a few changes to the pattern including resizing the sleeves to fit my puny arms, omitting the bobbles (mine were just too messy) and reversing the cables, because I liked them that way round. Here's a side view of the sleeves and cables. Here's the full frontal view. (Sorry about the messy hair - didn't have time to do anything with it!)

Aidan also wanted to be in every picture today. He's so cheeky. I also forgot to mention that he had his third birthday last week. I can't believe I have a 3 year old and an 18 month old and I have new found career as a full time mum. 3 and 10 months ago, I was having a lot of fun, working hard and partying hard. I was never home. Now I wouldn't change my life for my previous life, apart from the lack of income!

On the slight subject of anniversaries, hubby and I got together in the first term of the first year of university 16 years ago. That's a lot of my adult life. We've had our ups and downs and we've grown up, grown as a couple and grown as individuals. Love you darling!

What's brought on this post, I guess it's Thanksgiving and I'm being thankful for what I've got in my life.

5 comments:

alltangledup said...

blackberry looks nice, I think I prefer the bobbleless version too

Mimi said...

Your gray sweater looks great on you! I like how the braids go up to the shoulder line.
Happy belated birthday to your cute boy.

kathy b said...

Ling

I am new to your blog. Blackberry is outstanding. How lovely.

Your children are so darling. I love the calendar.

Im putting you in my blogreads!

Unknown said...

I love your finished blackberry. It turns out so nice. I'll definitely put that on my to do's list. Happy knitting!

Anonymous said...

Your Blackberry looks great on you! xx