Sunday, February 26, 2006

I love blogging!

You know, I love it when people drop in on my lil blog and comment. Welcome and hope you drop in often!

Firstly, something children related. For all new parents, you don't really need to spend lots on money on toys for children. They are totally happy playing with packaging - ribbons (slightly dangerous for the very young), bubble pack (until it pops no more!), wrapping paper (there will be a mess afterwards, my kids love making confetti) and boxes. Boy, they love boxes, especially big ones. Just look at how much fun they are having. With a little bit of imagination, it can be anything.
Next up something knitting related. I started Backyard Leaves from Scarf style a few weeks back. I've just finished the first half and it's been a dream to knit since the false starts. For the record, it's the first complicated thing I've knitted from a chart. It's been ripped at least 3 times. It's been left half ripped in frustation for at least a week. Suddenly, it all made sense and I've been on a groove ever since. Fingers crossed. Btw, I had some help from the bloggers on Scarf style knitalong. That is one huge knit-along!

I knitted the scarf in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in blue (sorry I don't have the shade number). The yarn was from my stash. I think I was going to make a sweater for Aidan when he was tiny but as he's 3 now, I'll just use it for me instead. Here's a little close up of the leaves. I have to say, the design is genius! Beautiful construction. I know, I know, it's been said already!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

I agree with you, it's a lot of fun knitting leaves and they are not so complicated as they look.
Your scarf is looking great and so soft!

ra said...

looks super Ling.

Hope that the children have stopped itching now, looks like it from the picture.

Kim in Oregon said...

Backyard leaves is certainly in my 'to do' list...I bought some purple heather Cascade 220! I love it that we aren't using green for this scarf!

We do have similar tastes, Ling, don't we!

Knitcrazy said...

Oh.. I remember so well...
My children used to LOVE to play in the big empty boxes and we would slide them across the floor ... LOL

Penny

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/