Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Itchy and Scratchy

The kids are driving me up the wall at the moment! The lil, lil one has chicken pox and boy has she got it bad! She's got spots everywhere and I mean everywhere! Thankfully, it's at the drying up stage. I thought that lil man had it too, but his one spot seems to have disappeared. He's had a fever for the last 3 days so I'm expecting the spots to erupt any day now.

Not much else to report on the knitting front. It's hard to do much when you are entertaining the kids 24/7 in the confines of the house. Thank goodness for cbeebies and videos and playdough and puzzles and toys and crayons and paint..................................

I have managed to finish the Thinking dress and it's a really sweet design. Sorry about the poor quality photo, there's been very little sun in grey and gloomy London! It just needs a button and quick iron into shape and Voila!!
However, this might be the last thing I'll ever knit for the kids. Remember the superhero cape drama, well this lil girl hates wearing dresses. Here she is when I put her in one to go to a party. To the powers that be, I don't really want a tomboy! I want a girly girl, one who likes dolls, and dress up and ballet (not football, which she truly loves!). Oh well.....

6 comments:

Mimi said...

Hope your kids recover soon and then you can have some knitting time. The pink dress is so sweet, maybe your girl can model it when she gets well.Take care!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I so hope that your kids are feeling better now, poor little ones! And it'll sure be a relief for you as well!
You did such great work with the pink dress, the pattern is fantastic - and who knows, maybe your girl will one day love to wear dresses! I was the same like her as a kid, hated dresses of any kind - well, now I love them! It took, like, 30 years, but well, it's never too late, LOL!
Best wishes from Austria!

Ruth said...

your pink dress is SO cute!!

dottyspots said...

A lovely dress! Maybe we should swap, my dd loves everythink pink and frilly (and she hasn't inherited that from me - LOL!)

kathy b said...

Oh Ling

The pox....ugh. I think it is great that you let them get them. The immunity from the shots isn't as good. I remember my son breaking out on the last day he could have. I was a baaaaaaad mom and left him to go see MichaelJordan play that night. He was in grandma's hands. I felt a little guilty, but ....not enough to make me stay home. Especially after I had the older child with the pox 21 days before!

The scarf is so lovely. Good for you. I would have given up a long time ago. The pink dress, ugh! how many yards of yarn did it use? I love it.

Knitcrazy said...

LOL..Oh That is Too Cute !!!!

Look at Her not wanting the Dress on... ha ha ... So Funny..
She is Adorable :)

Penny

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/