Friday, May 11, 2007

Time

Where does the time go? Blink and suddenly it's 12 days since I updated this poor neglected blog. Much has been happening in my life. The builders and decorators are still here. Most of the building work is finished and they are just finishing up the last few bits. I'm having my fingers and toes crossed that this will be finished by early next week. The new carpets are arriving on Thursday and I can spend the weekend tidying up and making our house a home again. I can generally live in a messy environment but even I'm getting annoyed with the mess and untidyness. What's worse I can't find a thing!

The other annoying thing is that I've had the worst back ache for as long as I can remember. I've had the slight dull ache in my lower back for a few weeks. But that's suddenly changed to sharp shooting pains from my glutes to my lower back. I've booked in to see my physio and thankfully the diagnosis isn't serious. Just muscular pain caused by an unbalanced pelvis, made worse by a growing bump. (The bump is seriously growing - I must take another photo soon!)

Enough complaining. I do have some WIPs to show. I'm suffering from startitis. I have TONS of WIPs which need finishing but haven't got the motivation to do it. So I just started 3 new projects. Yay!


Anouk from Knitty in Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Truffle and Pink-a-boo.
Jaywalker socks in Opal rainforest Tiger. A little bit late to the party but enjoying it never the less! These socks are hopefully for my May Sock-a-month along.
Rusted Root from Zephyrstyle in Brown Sheep Cotting Fleece in Wisteria, for the Sexy Knitters knitalong. I probably won't get to wear this until next summer!

2 comments:

Rain said...

Your Anouk is adorable in those colours. Hope all is going well despite the back pain.

kathy b said...

Ling

happy mothers day! We celebrate it today in the States. I love anouk and I too am late to the opal rainforest party, but your tiger is awesome. I may have to go out ant get some.. I 'd have my eye on Toucan, but your tiger is awesome.

We need to see BUMP! Sorry about the back.
The NICU nurse in me gets very scared with back pain. You are good to reassure me that it isnt early labor or anything.

Use our Mothers day as a excuse to knit away today....I am!