Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Finally

I have finished one sock. Don't break out the champagne just yet, it's only one sock, not one pair. However, with the amount of time I've spent knitting this, I could have made 2 adult pairs in the same amount of time. Remember the progress shots from before, well I ripped it back completely and started again. The leg was too long, the heel flap was too long, there was miscounting in every decrease, I casted on the wrong number of stitches. It was just WRONG!!! But I'm really happy with version 7.8. Here's a close up of the sock. (These shots are for you Kate!!!) They are knitted on dpn's . Fiddly to start with but once you get in the groove, they aren't too bad.Pretty neat. I'm happy.I'm off on a small adventure tomorrow. I'm meeting a fellow blogger, Kate, for the first time at the sale. Hurray, hurray. More soon.

4 comments:

kateandmonsters said...

Love the sock! Very pretty colors. That's where I think I've gone wrong...my first pair are in the most hideous colorway ever so the thrill of seeing the yarn unfold isn't there... I do have some yarn from the natural dye studio (ebay) and it's lovely. Maybe I'll switch...

Rain said...

It looks great. The colours are so pretty.

Kathy said...

Ling

HAPPY ANNNIVERSARY. I LOVE YOUR BLOG.

The sock colors are wonderful and the troubles are not apparent on your post!

Try casting on the right number of stitches on one needle. Then knit off the desired number of stitches onto each double point. You'll never twist again!

RooKnits said...

The sock is fab! Your first attempt is far far neater than mine. Was good to meet you briefly in Stash today.