Monday, June 26, 2006

Mini thug for sale

I just had a look at my previous posts and couldn't believe I had posted 4 times a week and then had nothing for the next week. This is not because I have nothing to show. It's because I have had practically no time to myself. Hubby has been away a lot and, usually that is not too much of a problem, but when you have a dodgy leg and can only walk a small distance and have 2 toddlers to entertain, it's exhausting.


This is a slight mini rant about the kids. They have been equally entertaining and exasperating. Aidan brings me a flower every day from nursery. But takes a lifetime to eat any meals, except when we go out to expensive restaurants, then he wants everything I order especially sashimi (salmon, yellowtail, tuna, ikura and tobiko!) . Keira - oh don't get me started on her. For a 2 year old, she is so definite. She knows what she wants and she will get it. Also, she is so destructive. Until she came along, we have had no broken toys, torn books, scribbled on furniture, ........ Aidan is an angel compared to her. Today, I discover that she has broken my bamboo knitting needle. She just picked it up and bent it until it snapped. Here's the evidence. Aargghhhh!!!!! I am this close (fingers held only a smidgen apart) to selling her on ebay. Here' s the evidence.
The needles were making progress on my Basalt Rank from Knitting Nature. I'm part way through making my first hexagon. I'm using Rowan Wool Cotton in Laurel, which I got from Get Knitted on sale. It's a lovely yarn to knit with. The fabric is very soft. Yum.

My small highlight this week is that I'm going to the Liberty sale this week. I think I'll try to make there on Thursday morning. I've got the invitation for the preview sale on wednesday evening, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. Damn it! But Thursday is good enough for me. Here's hoping for some good bargains.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

oh no!! sorry to see the broken needle =( hopefully the bargain shopping later this week will make up for it =)

Rain said...

I too was a mini-thug, don't give up on her just yet.

Hope you get some bargains to make up for it. The top is looking lovely so far.