Thursday, August 25, 2005

Japanese craft books

Everyone seems to have a collection of Japanese craft books. I've been using Japanese crochet and knitting books from the late 70's and early 80's which belonged to my aunt in Malaysia. I'll need to persuade her to send me her copies as she doesn't knit or crochet. I have just remembered that I have crocheted a hoodie for lil man last summer. I must photograph it for this blog. Tomorrow.
Anyway on to my collection. Over the next few days, I'll try and post my collection. This is a predominantly felt mascot doll book. My Wild West Month of softie came from this book. The ISBN is 4277540392. This is the original cowboy together with a reluctant donkey/horse. It obviously doesn't have the floppy neck syndrome of my doll. And here is my version. For more details, check out my blog from a few days ago.



These next 2 dolls are really on my next to do list. (Actually more the next 20th in line of projects!)

No comments: